Frequently asked questions
See the questions most frequently asked by users about Ercros
Ercros, S.A. is a public limited company, incorporated and registered in Spain, whose shares are listed on the continuous market of the Barcelona, Bilbao, Madrid and Valencia stock exchanges.
Its registered office is located at Avda. Diagonal, 593-595, Barcelona.
Ercros was incorporated on 30 June 1989 as a result of the merger by absorption of S.A. Cros into Unión Explosivos Río Tinto, S.A. (ERT) and absorbed all the assets of both companies.
More information in the Historical Milestones section.
Ercros, S.A. is the ultimate parent company of several subsidiaries and associates, none of which has significant influence in the consolidated group (together they account for less than 3 % of consolidated revenues).
A list of the subsidiaries and associates included in the consolidated group is available in the Ercros annual report.
You will find the composition of the board in the section Board of Directors.
Ercros operates in the chemical and pharmaceutical sector and is Spain's leading basic chemicals company.
Ercros has 10 factories, all of which are located in Spain (see map).
The headquarters and offices of the corporation are located in Barcelona (Avda. Diagonal 595, 2nd floor, 08014 Barcelona).
Yes, each factory periodically organises open days for different groups.
If you are interested in visiting our facilities, please send us a request in the Contact section.
Ercros manufactures more than 150 chemicals and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), which are used as raw materials or intermediates in other industries.
Among the most important are caustic soda, chlorine and chlorine derivatives (PVC, sodium hypochlorite, hydrochloric acid, sodium chlorate and chlorite, and TCCA); formaldehyde and its derivatives (paraformaldehyde, resins, moulding powders, pentaerythritol and dipentaerythritol); and APIs (fusidic acid, fosfomycins, erythromycins and their salts and derivatives).
More information can be found in the Products section.
Yes, the Ercros portfolio has a wide range of products for water treatment and pool care.
Please check the frequently asked questions on swimming pool water treatment products.
Ercros markets its products both domestically and abroad. The proportion of sales between the two markets is very even and fluctuates depending on the economic situation in each area.
The European Union is the main foreign market, with France, Italy, Portugal and Germany being the priority destinations in this geographical area. It is followed by the rest of the OECD countries, among which Turkey and the USA stand out. In the rest of the world, the main markets are India and China.
The pharmaceuticals division is the business that traditionally sells the most abroad (over 90% of its turnover), followed by the intermediate chemicals division (which exports almost two thirds of its production). In contrast, the main market for the chlorine derivatives division is Spain, although one third of its turnover is obtained abroad.
More information in the Markets section.
The company has a workforce of around 1,300 people, almost 90% of whom work at the production sites and the remaining 10% in corporate and commercial services.
Around 17% of the workforce are women, most of them in the technical and administrative categories.
More information in the section Working at Ercros.
The performance of the R&D department is explained in the Innovation section.
Concern for ensuring safe facilities and minimising the impact of the activity on the environment is an essential component in the management of Ercros' production centres, and significant economic and technical resources are invested in this.
Ercros applies environmental management systems to ensure compliance with legislation and its voluntary commitments.
This information is available in the section Accreditations and certifications.
This information is available in the section Our guiding principles.
In the Financial Information section of this website.
Every quarter, within the legally stipulated periods, Ercros announces the presentation of results in advance in the Investor's Diary.
Yes, if you are a shareholder of the Company. To do so, you must complete and send the application form.
In any case, Ercros publishes and updates all the financial information to which it is obliged on this website.