Ercros' most sustainable resins
More than 50 years manufacturing resins until ErcrosGreen+ arrived
Since 1969, when Formol y Derivados, S.A. started manufacturing resins, we have been innovating this family of products with improvements in their properties and sustainability until reaching the ErcrosGreen+ range.
This range of resins is manufactured using a new technology that allows a 90% reduction in formaldehyde emissions compared to the original ones. In this way we can have resins and adhesives with an ultra-low emission level, which can reach the levels of natural wood.
ErcrosGreen+ resins have been developed entirely by the R&D centre of the intermediate chemicals division, located in Tortosa, and comply with the strictest standards and recommendations of the construction sector, both in Europe, in the USA and Japan.
What are they used for?
The ErcrosGreen+ family includes a wide range of resins and adhesives that are mainly used for wood and furniture manufacturing; insulation; and impregnation of paper, mineral and synthetic fibres. Each variety of resins is especially suitable for the following specific applications.
Phenol-formaldehyde (PF) resins:
Melamine-formaldehyde (MF) resins:
Urea-formaldehyde (UF) resins:
Ercros can also design resins tailored to specific customer needs.
Phenol-formaldehyde resins are stable and water resistant
Ercros has phenol-formaldehyde resins (FF) classified as LEF (low emission formaldehyde), ULEF (ultra low emission formaldehyde) and ULEF/CARB (California air resources board).
The high stability and water resistance of FF resins provide very interesting properties for manufacturing plywood, impregnating glass and polyamide fibre, and fire-retardant laminate. In particular:
- In plywood: to manufacture plywood boards for interior applications, with humid environments or in aggressive exteriors (such as marine board), as they comply with the E0 standard.
- In laminate: due to its low content of free formaldehyde.
- In fibre impregnation: due to its low free formaldehyde content.
Varieties and characteristics of phenol formaldehyde resins (PF)
Melamine-formaldehyde resins are resistant to humidity
Melamine-formaldehyde (MF) resins are used to manufacture LP flooring laminate and natural laminate. Ercros has MF resins classified as LEF (low emission formaldehyde).
MF resins are the most suitable resins for achieving high resistance to humidity, for which they are used:
- In laminating: to obtain laminated boards for kitchens and bathrooms with very low formaldehyde emissions.
- In impregnation: MF resins are used to obtain moulding powders for the manufacture of tableware and kitchen utensils that comply with the strictest standards.
Varieties and characteristics of melamine-formyl resins (MF)
Urea-formaldehyde resins have excellent adhesion to wood
Ercros has urea-formaldehyde (UF) resins classified as LEF (low emission formaldehyde), ULEF (ultra low emission formaldehyde) and CARB (California air resources board) phases 1 and 2.
Due to their high reactivity, low cost and excellent adhesion to wood, UF resins are used:
- For the production of particleboard: this results in boards for interior applications (furniture, cabinets, doors and insulation) as they comply with strict emission standards such as class E0 or CARB stage 2.
- For the production of plywood panels: plywood panels for wall, ceiling, floor, furniture and wardrobe cladding are obtained, as their very low content of free formaldehyde allows them to meet the strict CARB Stage 2 emission standards.
- For fibreboard production: very low-emission fibreboards (MDF, DM) are obtained that meet the strictest emission standards.
- For impregnation: UF resins are used to produce moulding powders for the manufacture of a wide range of products with very low emissions.
Urea-Formaldehyde (UF) resin varieties and characteristics
Request for information
If you would like more information about this product or want to contact our technicians, you can do so here.
Ercros certifies the quality, safety and environmental friendliness of the manufacture of this product, and is adhered to voluntary agreements that endorse its commitment to CSR and customer service.