Caustic potash is a commonly used base in the industry, which Ercros markets in liquid and flake forms
What is it used for?
Caustic potash (also known as potassium hydroxide) is an inorganic chemical compound applied as a strong base, given its reactivity with acids and its natural corrosiveness.
In the industry it is used for:
- For the production of other potassium salts.
- For the production of mild and liquid soaps.
- As a laboratory reagent.
- In metal finishing.
- For water treatment and as a cleaning agent.
- In the synthesis of antibiotics and other pharmaceutical intermediates.
- In the manufacture of liquid fertilisers and alkaline batteries.
- In the cosmetics industry.
Request for information
If you would like more information about this product or want to contact our technicians, you can do so here.
Ercros certifies the quality, safety and environmental respect of the manufacture of this product, and is adhered to voluntary agreements that endorse its commitment to CSR and customer service.