Caustic soda (liquid and pearls)
Ercros is Spain's leading producer of caustic soda, the primary chemical base
What is it used for?
Sodium hydroxide or sodium hydrate, better known as caustic soda, is a chemical product with a large presence in industry since it is the most widely used alkaline reagent.
It can be used in the industrial, productive and domestic fields due to its multiple applications:
- In the chemical industry, to manufacture aspirin and sodium hypochlorite.
- For the production of detergents and surfactants.
- For the production of aluminium.
- In the pulp and paper industry.
- In gas production, it is used in drilling and as a bactericide, and in oil refining it is used to extract sulphur.
- In the textile industry, it is used for finishing and sizing, and for cleaning and bleaching fabrics.
- In the food industry, it is used in oil refining, bottle cleaning and vegetable and fruit peeling.
- In water treatment, for pH control.
- In the agricultural industry, for straw treatment and equipment cleaning.
- In the domestic sphere, it is used to make handmade soap and to cure olives and other vegetables.
Request for information
If you would like more information about this product or want to contact our technicians, you can do so here.
Ercros certifies the quality, safety and environmental respect of the manufacture of this product, and is adhered to voluntary agreements that endorse its commitment to CSR and customer service.